It is everyone’s dream and expectation that as a couple you will stay together forever. However, life happens and you may find yourself embroiled in a break-up, divorce, infidelity, or just not getting along as well as you once did.
Going through relationship problems isn’t easy when you live abroad, as you may not have close friends to talk to, family close by, or a support system in place. A problem shared, is a problem halved. Being able to speak to someone who is non-judgemental, impartial, and in confidence is a wonderful way to explore issues and find solutions and a way forward whether alone or together.
There is no doubt that moving can put a lot of pressure on a relationship for many reasons. Leaving family and friends behind can leave you feeling very insecure and fearful. Feelings of excitement but fear of the unknown may dampen the positive happy feelings of anticipation and new beginnings.
Relationship coaching can help you to:
- Build better communication together
- Identify key problem areas and work through them
- Move away from the ‘blame game’
- Find clarity on what it is that you really want
- Explore fears, doubts, hopes and expectations
- Unpick all of the knots that seem to have formed
- Have an amicable split if that is what has been decided
- Learn to have fun and fall in love all over again
- Get back on track to where you want to be
- Tackle issues of infidelity